ExpedNZ is the international division of Whenua Iti Outdoors, a not-for-profit parent organisation who's main purpose is using the natural environment as a medium for challenge and personal growth to achieve our vision of "Experiential Learning inspiring positive change."
We know that the benefits of Experiential Education programs are holistic and wide ranging. By extending program access to international groups not only do the individuals who attend our programs benefit but they in turn benefit the young people we work with in New Zealand. 100% of all profit from ExpedNZ programs goes to the Whenua Iti Foundation, the philanthropic arm of the organisation.
We create meaningful experiential education programmes for young people, using the diverse and inspiring wilderness of New Zealand as a platform. Let us take your students on a journey of discovery, allowing them to connect with nature, to other cultures and most importantly to connect with themselves.
It is our vision to inspire positive change through experiential learning programmes.
ExpedNZ Experiential Education programs are designed with a strong focus on:
- Personal Growth and Challenge - our programs are designed to be challenging. Where there is challenge there is growth.
- Cultural Immersion - expand perspectives and world views with unique, authentic and immersive connections with Te Ao Māori - The world of Māori (New Zealands indiginous culture).
- Global Citzenship - students will learn about New Zealand culture, political systems and approachs to the environment to gain a wider understanding of the world, challenge their perspectives and in turn discover their place in the world.
- Environmental Connection - immersive nature experiences are built into programs that are both restorative for individuals and inspire restoration of our natural environment.
- Service Learning - Students will get involved in local community cultural or conservation focused initiatives that postively impact the places and people they have connected with on their New Zealand journey.
To find out more about our programs go to our Programs page.
100% of profit from ExpedNZ programmes goes to the Whenua Iti Foundation. The foundation provides access to experiential education programmes for New Zealand youth that contribute to all-round wellbeing.
For us youth wellbeing includes the following outcomes:
Personal growth and development
Increased educational achievement
Improved mental wellbeing
Increased physical wellbeing
Increased pride in culture and identity
A strong connection to nature
Contribution to community
Hāpaitia te ara tika pūmau ai te rangatiratanga mō ngā uri whakatipu
Foster the pathway of knowledge to strength, independence and growth for future generations.
Social Impact Report
As part of an on-going evaluation process we find ways to measure the impact of Whenua Iti Outdoors. You can read our findings in this report.
More About Our Programs
Our programs are designed to weave culture, adventure and nature connection experiences that result in lasting personal growth.